Saturday, December 1, 2007

In the Air Force...

I have been debating about joining the Air Force for a while now as a way to pay my tuition for dental school. I was accepted into the Air Force Health Professional Scholarship Program (HPSP) this past week. We are pretty sure that we are going to do it at this point. I have not signed a contract at this point, but that could happen within the next month along with being commissioned as a Second Lieutenant. It seems like a great opportunity for us. I would be obligated to spend three years in the Air Force following graduation. That time would allow me to get more practice as a dentist and get more confidence before I enter into a private practice.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

It sounds like a good opportunity to me! You could live somewhere exciting for a few years before you settle down.