Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Christmas Tradition!

A couple years ago we started a family tradition of making gingerbread houses for Christmas. This year we made the houses with my parents and Brian and Dalene. This was my first attempt at making the houses out of real gingerbread. We had a great time making them.
This is Brian and Dalene's house. They did such a great job.
This is our house. Rylee had a lot of fun doing the sprinkle walk way. My mom did the beautiful roof and I spent most of my time eating the mint m&ms. They are so good.
Meanwhile Scott worked on the highlight of our gingerbread house, the snowman. He is so proud of his snowman. Every part of him had to be perfect. He loves his scarf and the twigs he got from the christmas tree. It was my favorite part of Christmas this year. Just laughing and hanging out with the family.

3 comments:

cindave said...

fun! karly (my sister) and i tried to do graham cracker gingerbread houses with andersen and his cousin. they did not look NEARLY as good as yours do! i love doing this. in HS, 2 of my best friends used to come over and we'd get all different kinds of candy, and my mom would make real gingerbread. such fun memories.

Rethsey said...

Oh remember when we made gingerbread houses? Good Times!

Dalene said...

Lots of fun, indeed, and, I think, a new tradition of ours! Thanks for the fun idea!